LVFSC Volunteer Sign-Up Form
July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019
Las Vegas Figure Skating Club is a nonprofit organization and functions on the total support and volunteer efforts of our club members, their families and local skating community members. We are hopeful that our members and/or a parent volunteers help support our skaters with club sessions, seminars, tests, recitals, competitions, and other activities.
It would be nearly impossible to run any of these events without your help, because of this, LVFSC kindly asks if you would be willing to volunteer your time to help during club events. Please fill out the form below to indicate which areas you would be interested in helping with.
Please let us know if you have any experience in any particular area, however, prior experience is not required.
□ Parent/Guardian □ Coach □ Competitive Skater □ Recreational Skater □ Judge/Official
□ Board Member □ Advisor □ Chair □ Committee Member □ Other __________________________
USFSA 2018 requires all adult members and adult volunteers aged eighteen (18) and older is to take the SafeSport Compliance program. All adult volunteers are required to pass a background check in addition to online SafeSport Program. For more information please go to https://usfsaonline.org/SafeSport
- All volunteers in any sanctioned event or club activities that come in close contact with athletes.
- Team Managers/Team Service personnel for synchronized skating and theatre on ice teams
- Locker room volunteers for all competitions, ice shows, club events, programs, etc.
- Club SafeSport Compliance Chairs.
Please indicate your interest in the following positions:
- Volunteer Coordinator Develop, promote and maintain a wide range of volunteer opportunities within LVFSC, maintain accurate records and provide timely statistical and activity reports on volunteer participation, act as a single point of contact for communications etc…
- Club Sessions Check in skaters, set up, clean up
- Competitions Please check one or more to assist competition chair:
- Practice Ice Monitor An adult to check in skaters before stepping onto the ice
- Ice Monitor An adult to check in skaters before stepping onto the ice
- Announcing Announce the skater’s name before skater starts his/her event.
- Runners running music and posting results
- Hospitality Set up meals for judges, hospitality room, volunteer room skaters room
- Food Donation Solicit product donations
- Registration Table check in skaters and his/her music, hand out goodie bags, etc…
- Programs program layout, logo design
- Registrar collect registration form, fee, and set up a work sheet for the accountant and referee
- Practice Ice Scheduling collect practice ice form from registrar and set up schedule
- Advertising approach potential advertisers for program ads and promotional gifts
- Set up/Take Down set up the judge’s stands, lighting, banners, and take down after the event
- Goodie Bags/Thank you gifts collect and put together goodie bags for competitors to be distributed to competitors at the registration table. Securing Thank You gifts for officials.
- Driver/Shuttle Pick up/drop off judges and officials at airport
- Others Please specify __________________________________________________________________________
- Distinct skills or talents that you are willing to share such as: carpenter, accounting, public relations, advertising, fund raising, hospitality, photography, writing, broadcasting, web-design, etc. ___________________
- In lieu of volunteering I would like to donate $___________________ to LVFSC to be used towards the purchase of items or goods needed for club events and/or competitions.
Home Address: __________________________________________________________________________________
City: ___________________________________________ State: ________________ Zip Code: __________________
Home Phone: _______________________________________ Cell Phone: ___________________________________
Email Address: __________________________________________________________________________________
Please complete a for for each family member/friend of family that would like to volunteer. THANK YOU!!!