Parent/Guardian Code of Conduct
By signing the Code of Conduct Agreement Form, I am stating the following:
1. I will encourage good sportsmanship by my actions, demonstrating positive support for all skaters, coaches, and officials at every practice, competition and test session.
2. I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my child and others ahead of my desire to win.
3. I will encourage my child to skate in a safe and healthy environment by maintaining a respectful and courteous attitude to others.
4. I will promptly inform my child’s coach of any physical/ mental disability or challenge affecting my child that may affect the safety of my child or others.
5. I will teach my child that doing his/her best is more important than winning.
6. I will not ridicule, bully, blame, or yell at my child or other skaters, coaches, officials or volunteers in response to a poor performance or for any other reason.
7. I will endeavor to make skating fun at all times and will remember that my child participates in sports for his/her own enjoyment and satisfaction.
8. I will teach my child to treat other skaters, coaches, fans, volunteers, officials, and rink staff with respect, regardless of race, creed, color, sexual orientation or ability. I will also take action and report any acts of bullying, harassment or abuse to the appropriate authorities.
9. I will applaud any effort in both victory and defeat emphasizing positive accomplishments and learning from mistakes.
10. I will teach my child to resolve conflicts calmly and peacefully without resorting to hostility or violence.
11. I will be a positive role model for my child and others.
12. I will demand a figure skating environment for my child that is free of drug or alcohol abuse and agree that I will not use or provide to a third-party any illegal drug prohibited by applicable federal, state, or municipal law.
13. I will not assist or condone any athlete’s use of a banned substance as described by the International Olympic Committee, International Skating Union, United States Olympic Committee, or U .S. Figure Skating, or, in case of athletes, to use such drugs or refuse to submit to properly conducted drug tests administered by one of these organizations.
14. I will expect my child’s coach to be in compliance with all requirements of U .S. Figure Skating and the Professional Skaters Association, to continue their education and training through programs offered by U .S. Figure Skating, the Professional Skaters Association and other accredited organizations.
15. I will respect my child’s coach and refrain from sideline coaching my child or other skaters.
16. I agree to educate myself regarding the proper procedures to follow when establishing or terminating the coaching relationship and refrain from third-party solicitation as outlined on the PSA website.
17. I will respect the decisions of officials, their authority and decisions during competitions and test sessions and teach my child to do the same.
18. I will show appreciation and recognize the importance of volunteers and club officials. I will fulfill my responsibility to help my club with membership, special projects, competitions and test sessions.
19. I will become familiar with the rules of the U.S. Figure Skating and teach my child accordingly.
20. I will support and respect all skaters and their right to participate.