Did you know SoBe Ice Arena is the home of the Las Vegas Figure Skating Club? Founded in 1976, Las Vegas Figure Skating Club is a 501(c)(3) non-profit club run by parent volunteers. Las Vegas FSC (LVFSC) is made up of more than 100 skaters, parents, and coaches. We are part of the Intermountain Interclub Association of the United Stated Figure Skating Association.
Throughout the year we host many different activities for our skaters, the biggest of which are our annual competition, test sessions, and awards banquet. We also host several club ice sessions and exhibitions.
Las Vegas Figure Skating Club (LVFSC) offers several types of memberships for new and returning members, siblings, parents, college students, and professionals. We also make available Associate (aka non-home club) memberships. For the 2017-2018 membership year, US Figure Skating has created a new brand name called “Learn to Skate” which replaces the Basic Skills program.
- Attendance to parties and social events throughout the year
- Special club ice time
- Free afternoon Freestyle ice sessions with paid Public Sessions for club members only
- Ability to purchase and wear club attire
- Annual awards banquet where we honor our skaters
- Opportunities to represent the LVFSC at exhibitions, ice shows, testing, competitions, and other events
- Grants and financial support for qualifying skaters
- Membership to interclub associations
- Subscription to SKATING Magazine
- United States Figure Skating Association (USFS) membership
- U.S. Figure Skating Membership with membership card.
- Coverage under U.S. Figure Skating’s sports accident insurance policy
- Special offers and discounts from U.S. Figure Skating corporate partners
- Junior (primary individual 17 years or younger and mandatory parent/guardian individual) to be used after the Introductory Basic Skill membership $135.00
- Senior (primary individual 18 years or older) Does not include a parent membership $115.00
- Additional Family Member (any age) may be used to add siblings or parents in the immediate family. $35.00
- Associate (previously called Non-Home) to be used by those who have a Home Club membership at a club other than LVFSC. $30.00
- Professional (professional skater or coach) $80.00
- Honorary (per board approval) Fee Waived
- Introductory Basic Skill (1st year membership for individual from Basic Skills program, includes parent/guardian for individual 17 years or younger. Only available if NEVER a USFSA member) $80.00
- Collegiate This is a four-year full membership at a reduced rate for college-aged members, and all skating privileges apply for the duration that include subscription to SKATING magazine, and all testing and competition rights. Each athlete may receive this option only once during their entire skating career. Skaters can sign up any time in college and must provide a copy of College ID upon registration.
- Late renewals, starting after June 30, must pay a $30 late fee.
- Las Vegas Figure Skating Club has the right to refuse membership to anyone without discrimination as to race, color, religion, age, gender or national origin.
- Las Vegas Figure Skating Club has the right to refuse, suspend, revoke, or terminate any membership to any member for any reason pursuant to section 2.8 of LVFSC Bylaws.
Learn to Skate Memberships
This recreational program of USFSA is designed to serve the needs of both the recreational and competitive skaters. All registered Learn to Skate students (previously known as Basic Skills students) will receive a membership card, a record book with stickers to keep track of the levels they complete, a Learn to Skate member patch, a year patch, information about skating, the Learn to Skate Edition of SKATING, sports accident insurance coverage and the opportunity to participate in exhibitions and Basic Skills competitions. The Learn to Skate Program is hosted by and is the responsibility of The SoBe Ice Arena, not The Las Vegas Figure Skating Club.
This is a four-year full membership at a reduced rate for college-aged members. All skating privileges apply for the four-year duration. Each athlete may receive this option only once during their entire skating career.
- Can sign up anytime in college; good for a consecutive four-year period
- May only use this option once.
- Carries the same privileges as a full member, including subscription to SKATING magazine, and all testing and competition rights.
Our membership year runs July 1st through June 30th. You are welcome to join anytime of the membership year. Any new or renewed members are invited to join us for our first event of the skating season, Be Kind Skate Night, date and information to be determined and posted on our clubs website.
If you’d like to become a member of the LVFSC, or just want more information, please contact club vice president Marisa Martin @ VicePresident@lasvegasfsc.com
New for this year: SafeSport Program training and education is required for all adult members and volunteers provided through an online platform, its purpose is to educate our members in becoming aware of opportunities to assist in the prevention of harassment and abuse within our sport. The online program is free to our members! Available online beginning June 1, 2018 at https://usfsaonline.org/SafeSport to read a letter on the program from USFSA please go here http://www.usfigureskating.org/content/safesport%20letter.pdf
USFSA requires all adult volunteers aged eighteen (18) and older is to take the SafeSport Program, in addition all adult volunteers are required to pass a background check. Follow the link above for more information.
- All volunteers in any sanctioned event or club activities that come in close contact with athletes.
- Team Managers/Team Service personnel for synchronized skating and theatre on ice teams
- Locker room volunteers for all competitions, ice shows, club events, programs, etc.
- Club SafeSport Compliance Chairs.
Facebook Group LASVEGASFIGURESKATINGCLUB
United States Figure Skating Association (USFSA) USFSA.ORG
If you would like to become a member of the Las Vegas Figure Staking Club (LVFSC), please print, fill out, and submit this application along with your payment. (information of how to submit can be found on page four.)